2018 Fall Festival, September 8-9
Volunteer signup sheets online at http://bit.ly/StNicholasFall
This year is especially exciting as it will kick off our 150th Anniversary!
With our Fall Festival coinciding with the Carver Steamboat Day's celebration there will be many people from far and wide coming to Carver to enjoy the weekend.
There are items we’re still in need of:
- Volunteers! Please see the Volunteer section down the page.
- Silent Auction Items - themed baskets, service certificates, and sports or event tickets are always a hit on the silent auction.
- Steamboat Days Raffle items (see below for growing list).
- Country Store items (home baked goods or home canned food items, fall and country themed items, flowers, plants as well as religious and handmade items).
- Items for the “Booze Buggy”! Beer, spirits. cordials, wine, liquors, mixers and related items.
As always, your donations are tax deductible so please be sure to note what you’re donating and we'll get you an end of the year tax statement.
If you would like to get involved in any way to help, donated or provide suggestions, please call/text Tammy at 612-695-7333 or Patty at 612-718-5009. We look forward to hearing from you!
Steamboat Days Raffle
Raffle tickets are $2.00, the raffle will be held at 3:00 PM on Sunday, September 9 at St. Nicholas Fall Festival. You don't need to be present to win. Purchase your tickets from a parishioner, at our office, at Carver Steamboat Days (we'll have a table downtown September 7-8), and at the Fall Festival September 8-9.
- $300 Cash
- $200 Cash
- 4 - $50 Cash (4 names will be drawn)
- 1/2 Hog - Donated by Steve & Amy Roble
- 4 Nickelodeon Universe All Day Wristbands - Donated by a Parishoner
- Oil Change - Donated by Arboretum Tire & Auto
- Chaska Community Center 1 Day Family Pass - Donated by Chaska Parks & Rec.
- $25 Harvey's Bar & Grill Gift Certificate - Donated by Harvey's
- 4 - $25 Casey's Gift Cards (4 names will be drawn) - Donated by Casey's
- $25 Cooper's Foods Gift Certificate - Donated by Cooper's
- 2 Waconia Theater Movies Passes - Donated by Emagine Theaters
- 2 - $20 The Mustard Seed Gift Certificates (2 names will be drawn) -Donated by The Mustard Seed
- $10 Big Stone Mini Golf Gift Certificate - Donated by Big Stone Mini Golf & Sculpture Garden
- $10 Lion's Tap Gift Certificate - Donated by Lion's Tap
- Yard Dice Game (Donated by the Van ReMortel's
- AND MORE TO COME!
What's going to make this event great for our fellow parishioners, guests, families and those in town for Steamboat Days who may be new to visiting St. Nicholas? Having all of our events well-staffed and running smoothly thanks to St. Nicholas volunteers.
What can you do to help? We’re in need of volunteers for each area below, also those to help set up, run and tear down each area.
Children’s Games: These volunteers will run the games (i.e. pick-a-duck, ring toss, bags and more) and distribute prizes.
Country Store: These volunteers will help run the Country Store and check customers out.
Silent Auction: These volunteers will help setup in the parish center as well as keep an eye on the auction and answers questions.
Bingo: There will be three bingo sessions on Saturday and two on Sunday, these volunteers will help sell cards and verify bingo winners.
Beer/Food Tent: We're bringing back some old Fall Festival favorites--hot dogs, popcorn, candy, etc., These volunteers will help man the food and beer area of the tent. Please note that pull tabs will also be sold under the tent in the beer area.
If you can help please call/text Tammy at 612-695-7333 or Patty at 612-718-5009. We look forward to hearing from you!