2019 Fall Festival
Fall Festival Planning
We're three months away from our annual Fall Festival which is our biggest fundraiser of the year! The Fall Festival takes place the weekend after Labor Day to coincide with the Carver Steamboat Days celebration when many more people are visiting Carver. This year we'll celebrate our 150th Anniversary Year and we'll also honor our German Heritage.
We have already had parishioners step forward to head up the following areas: Pancake Breakfast, Silent Auction, Saturday Dinner, Raffles & Pull Tabs and the Parade Float.
We need volunteers to be committee heads for each of the following areas and have provided a brief description of some of the top-level things each area would entail. If you are interested but a bit unsure if you can take an area on yourself, we would welcome pairs, families or groups to team up and manage an area or activity. As the saying goes “Many Hands Make Light Work”.
If volunteers don't step forward by July 10 we'll proceed planning without these elements are part of the Festival.
- Steamer 5K & Lil’ Steamer Fun Run: Would monitor registrations, manage registration pages online, order t-shirts and medals, assemble bags for runners, recruit local businesses to be mile sponsors, arrange for water and post-race snacks, help recruit volunteers, set-up and tear down.
- Children’s Games: Would help plan and run the games (i.e. pick-a-duck, ring toss, bags, etc.) and prizes as well as set-up, help recruit donations for prizes and help recruit volunteers to run the games during the festival as well as set-up and tear-down.
- Bake Sale, Country Store: or Sale Would help collect, sort and price items for the Bake Sale or Country Store, set-up and tear-down of the store, and help recruit volunteers to staff the store.
- Bingo: Would ensure ordering of cards and daubers, plan the bingo games, make flyer or instruction sheets for tables, ensure machine is set up and working properly, help recruit volunteers to sell sheets, daubers and verify bingos, set-up and tear-down.
- New Ideas: We also welcome ideas not outlined here, please bring your suggestions and ideas to the planning meeting.
After the committee heads have been established for each area and planning has progressed more details will be coming quickly.
If you would like to get involved to head a committee or volunteer but can’t attend the meeting please call or text Tammy at (612) 695-7333.
Steamboat Days Raffle
Each year we have a fantastic raffle! Raffle tickets are $2.00, the raffle is held at the end of the Festival on Sunday at St. Nicholas. You don't need to be present to win.
You'll be able to purchase tickets prior to the event from a parishioner, at our office, and downtown at Carver Steamboat Day's.
At Fall Festival this year we'll continue to celebrate our 150th Anniversary and would like to honor our German roots with a Polka Mass at 4 PM on Saturday, Sept 7 to be followed by a dinner. The Polka Band would cost $200, if you'd like to sponsor this mass or contribute to help cover the cost please let us know.
If you can help please call/text Tammy at 612-695-7333.